Did you know that . . .
- 46 percent of Lake Geneva grade school students qualify for reduced or free lunch?
- Out of 7,000 households in the Geneva Lake area, over 1,000 earn less than $20,000 annually.
There are many families in our midst struggling to make ends meet. As a result of sickness, accidents, loss of work, or other difficulties, they find themselves unable to afford living expenses.
These people are trying to stand on their own, but need short-term, emergency financial assistance to help them overcome their difficulties.
What kind of assistance is available?
- Financial assistance is available fo rent/mortgage, utilities and prescription medicines
- Referral information about other community resources
How often is assistance available?
- Financial assistance is limited to one grant per year and paid directly to service provider(s)
- Referral assistance is available at all times and is given to clients for as long as they need it.
Who will receive assistance?
- Qualified applicants who are screen by trained Board members will receive help.
Who supports Side by Side?
- Local churches, area businesses, service organizations and community volunteers
- 100 percent of donations are distributers to those in crisis
What about other community assistance groups?
- Side by Side works in collaboration with The Time Is Now, Hope Now, the Salvation Army, St. Vincent De Paul and Delavan Human Concerns.
How do potential clients apply?
- Clients are invited to apply in person on the third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at the First Congregational United Church of Christ, 715 Wisconsin Street, Lake Geneva
- Call (262) 581-5927 for more information.